International Market Research Project
ubiCabs is the leading aggregation platform for the taxi industry, enabling existing consumer brands and travel sites to sell taxi bookings to their customers (via APIs or white labelled solutions).
After expanding nationwide in the UK, the company is currently looking at international expansion opportunities.
The first phase of the project would involve identifying the target markets and go-to-market strategies:
- Which markets to enter?
- Product-market fit
- Size of market and segments
- Future economic growth
- Regulatory constraints
- Taxi supply
- Which is the best mode of entry (e.g. direct, distributor, JV)?
- When to enter these markets?
- What is the scale of entry (i.e. 1st cut view of costs)?
Depending on the outcome of the initial market research, the project could evolve into building a more detailed market entry plan for the key territories.
- Travel GDS and/or online travel industry and/or corporate travel management;
- Consulting background (ideally).
Project Timing & Budget
The phase 1 needs to be complete by end March 2014/begin April 2014.
Budget: the fee is negotiable + expenses.
A longer term role/assignment may be available for the right person to join the business at this exciting early stage in preparation for the international launch.