This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all products and services, and instances where we collect your personal data.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of Ubicabs Tech Ltd.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our website – https://www.ubicabs.com/.
We’re Ubicabs Tech Ltd, company number 09267517 with registered address at Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. We are a data controller of your personal data.
2. What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we’ll process in connection with all of our products and services, if relevant, includes:
- Personal and contact details, such as title, full name, contact details and contact details history
- Records of your contact with us such as via the phone number of our booking service and, when you get in touch with us online using our online services or via our smartphone app, details such as your mobile phone location data and IP address
- Services you have requested from us, as well as the associated payment methods used
- Marketing to you and analysing data, including history of those communications, whether you open them or click on links
- Location information about your rides, such as your location at the time of booking and routes taken by the drivers during the execution of the transport services requested by you.
3. What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed in section 1 above, for the following purposes:
- Managing the services you request use
- To make automated decisions on payment risks
- To improve the operation of our business and that of our business partners
- For management and auditing of our business operations including accounting
- To monitor and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below)
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics
- For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant services. We might send marketing to you by email, SMS, social media and digital channels
- To develop new products and services and to review and improve current products and services
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
- To provide insight and analysis of our customers both for ourselves and for the benefit of business partners either as part of providing products or services, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or improve the operating of our businesses
4. What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
- Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:a) Assessing an application for a service, including consider whether or not to offer you the service, the price, the payment methods available and the conditions to attach
b) Managing products and services you have requested to us
c) Updating your records
d) Sharing your personal information with business partners and services providers (such as transport operators and drivers)
e) All stages and activities relevant to managing the product or service including enquiry, application, administration and management of accounts
f) For some of our profiling and other automated decision making to decide whether to offer you a product and/or service, particular payment method and the price or terms of this
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:a) To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes
b) To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies
c) For management and audit of our business operations including accounting
d) To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff
e) For market research and analysis and developing statistics
f) For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services
g) Subject to the appropriate controls, to provide insight and analysis of our customers to business partners either as part of providing products or services, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or to improve the operating of our businesses
h) For some of our profiling and other automated decision making
i) Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations
- To comply with our legal obligations
- With your consent or explicit consent: for some direct marketing communications
5. When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
- Transport operators selected for the fulfilment of the rides requested by you
- Organizations providing call centre and support services where this is handled externally
- Organizations providing the information systems used by us
6. How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details below.
7. Is your personal information transferred outside the EEA?
We’re based in the EEA but sometimes your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. If we do so we’ll make sure that suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using approved contractual agreements, unless certain exceptions apply.
8. What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should update your profile in one of our applications or on our website, or you can tell us so that we can update our records using the details in the Contact Us section below. We’ll then update your records if we can.
9. Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We’re unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
10. Do we do any monitoring involving processing of your personal information?
In this section monitoring means any: listening to, recording of, viewing of, intercepting of, or taking and keeping records (as the case may be) of calls, email, text messages, social media messages and other communications.
We may monitor where permitted by law and in the interests of protecting the security of our communications systems and procedures and for quality control and staff training purposes. This information may be shared for the purposes described above.
11. For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
12. What are your marketing preferences and what do they mean?
We may use your home address, phone numbers, email address and social media or digital channels (for example, Facebook, Google and message facilities in other platforms) to contact you according to your marketing preferences. You can stop our marketing at any time by contacting us using the details below or by following the instructions in the communication.
13. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights, you can contact us by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.