ubiCabs’ Safety Policy:
Your safety is a priority at ubiCabs. We’ve taken a rigorous approach to ensuring the companies we work with are the best and safest companies around London. All our partner companies are licensed with the Public Carriage Office (PCO) and are fully insured. In addition, they all guarantee an exceptional level of service to customers. All the employed drivers employed are:
- Licensed with the PCO and have a valid EU drivers license
- Checked for Criminal records with the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB)
- Have passed the Topological test of London for familiarity with London’s geography*
- Have passed a medical check
All cars are checked for safety every 6 months and are less than 5 years old. They are also marked by Private Hire Vehicle stickers on the front and back windscreens.
- ALWAYS use a LICENSED minicabs or taxis. It is illegal hail minicabs as they need to be prebooked (through our App, over the phone, internet or email) with a licensed company
- Anyone coming up to you to solicit a ride is breaking the law
- Getting into any unlicensed taxi invalidates insurance for you and the driver
- Every month, ten women are sexually assaulted by men pretending to be cab drivers, make sure you PREBOOK with a licensed company!
- Every licensed company (like our partners) is required to record and report any complaints from passengers about drivers & lost property, make sure you call the company for this, they are required to act on it by law!
- Try share a ride with friends when possible, it’s safer and cheaper!
- Make sure the driver is the same person sent by the company before you get in the car
- Ask a driver for their PCO license number, they are required to have it on them all the time
- Text the driver’s name, License plate and make & model of the taxi to a close friend
- If you’re in an area yet to be covered by ubiCabs partners, text HOME to 60835 (for TFL’s CabWise service) and you’ll receive a text back with licensed companies in the area
- Trust your instincts, if you feel threatened, ask the driver to drop you off in a busy, public area.
* The topological test is not as rigorous as the Knowledge Test required to become a Black Cab driver.